SynchroGear™ advantages compared to V-belt systems with Asynchronous Motor
- Power saving up to 35%;
- OPEX down by 20-30%;
- Wide operating range 86-550 rpm;
- Programmable upstroke/downstroke rate;
- Smart control algorithms;
- No sync issues;
- Failure risks down;
- Minimized downtime.
About 75% of artificial lift wells worldwide use sucker rod pumps. For decades, the traditional V-belt transmission system with an asynchronous motor has been the only way to drive and control pumping units.
The sucker rod pump is normally used in shallow and medium-depth marginal wells. The sucker rod pump with the asynchronous motor and V-belt transmission associates with low efficiency of the “motor – V-belt – gearbox” system, insufficient controllability, overheating when the speed deviates from the nameplate values, and risk of premature failure.
SynchroGear™ is a surface motor with permanent magnets and smart control. This is an effective and efficient replacement of the traditional V-belt transmission and the asynchronous motor. Since the rotor is mounted on the gearbox input shaft, and the stator is mechanically attached to the gearbox housing, the SynchroGear™ Technology eliminates the need for the V-belt system.
The complete installation process (including dismantling, installation of SynchroGearTM, VSD check/set-up) takes approximately 3 hours, with PM motor installation taking a maximum of 1 hour only.
The smart control system with an auto-adaptation algorithm description can:
- enhance production by real-time adjustment of the average pumping speed;
- program the downstroke speed as a percentage of upstroke speed with programmable speed change;
- reduce pumping speed to minimum / to zero upon receiving equipment operation alarm;
- optimize stepwise within load range, set by the operator when exceeding load trip (wax/paraffin, low flowline pressure, etc.)